Saturday, 21 January 2017

Author Interview Karina Kantas

Illusional  Reality
By Karina Kantas
182 Pages
#magical #romantic #fantasy

Karina published her first book in April 2016 and now has 8 titles for sale.

AJ & Storm: What did you love most about Illusional Reality? 

Karina: I love the love story between Alkazar and Thya. It starts with flirtation and the reader gets to see this flirtation grow into something more serious. A forbidden love. So you are caught up in this relationship and no matter how it plays out, you're invested.

AJ & Storm: What made you choose your genre?
Karina: To be honest, it is my love for Tolkien, not his written work but the idea behind it. The characters and the story that just drags you in. It was after watching The Fellowship of the Ring that the story of Illusional Reality came about. However, there is no wizard, trolls, elves or goblins, in my fantasy.

AJ & Storm: If you could invite any writer for lunch, who would it be and what would you ask them?
Karina: It would be S.E.Hinton. It was her novella, The Outsiders, that got me into writing. I cared about these rebels she wrote about and I had my own story to tell.  I would ask her what was her life like , growing up. Did she ever experience the rush, thrills and dangers, she puts her characters through.

AJ & Storm: Tell us about your teasers.  What do you look for? How do you go about making them? 
Karina: I love designing teasers. There are the ones that showcase the cover of your book and a one liner such as for Illusional Reality, I used, Step out of reality and into an Illusion.



I create ads and promotional designs such as banners and teasers, for other authors. I love being able to tease the reader with a picture. And I enjoy searching for a photo of a person that is close to the character in the author's book and then finding the perfect line to post with it. The same as book trailers I love being able to show the author's story with only music, images and few words.

Stalker Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to guest blog? Let me know!

Promo! Today only! Teacher (Innocence Lost Book 1) By CC Young #99Cents

Teacher (Innocence Lost Book 1) By CC Young Promo Price $0.99 For Thursday 23rd March Only   Grab it while it's hot! The priva...