Friday, 25 November 2016

Review: Docklands Diamond By S A Smythe


Docklands Diamond
By S A Smythe
60,000 words
M/M erotic romance

I love Savannah Smythe, now rebranded as SA Smythe, so I was expecting to enjoy Docklands Diamond - and I did! 

Docklands Diamond is laugh out loud funny, tender and sexy in turns.  I do love the banter and sense of fun that trademarks British romance novels. It’s so real, and so incredibly human. I think heartwarming is the word I’m looking for.

Alex and his talking cock, Broadsword, had me in fits of giggles. I also liked Leith, the playboy with the dark side, Kento, the fun and sensible friend, Shirley, the embarrassing mum, and Willow, the no-nonsense witch.

Critical reviews mean pointing out the rough with the smooth. There’s nothing bad about this book at all, except that I wasn’t in the mood for a lot of sex, and as it’s an erotic romance, I skipped a few of the longer scenes. It didn’t worry me because the story kept me enthralled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to guest blog? Let me know!

When Darkness Falls By Ellen Chauvet