Sunday, 7 August 2016

AJ Adams Interview with L.C. Davis, author of Liminatlity!


Today I'm talking to L.C. Davis, author of Liminatlity!

AJ: What tags best describe your genre?

Paranormal romance, erotic romance, vampires, werewolves, shifters, lgbt, gay romance, MM romance

AJ: What was your last book published?

Liminality is the most recent book I've published, but Equilibrium, the last book in that trilogy within the Kingdom of Night Series, will be out on August 30th.

AJ: What did you love most about this story?

Equilibrium brings the main storyline for my protagonist and his twin love interests to a resolution, and it was incredibly rewarding to see those three get the happy ending they've been working towards for so long.

AJ: What made you choose your genre?

I've always loved reading and writing about the paranormal. I'm transgender, so on one level I think I always related to characters who didn't really fit into the world around them, and especially to the transformation aspect of shifters. I'm also a practicing witch, so on another level writing about angels, gods, witches and the like just comes naturally. I recently finished a contemporary romance that's in the editing stages and everyone who knows me is shocked that I managed to write a book without vampires. (Okay, so the main character plays one on TV, but it still counts!)

AJ: Do you ever get writer’s block?  How do you cope?

I do, but the best advice I ever got was that the only cure for writer's block is to write. Sometimes I'll take a short break from the particular story that's giving me trouble, but I always find a way to write something, even if it's just a scene in my head that isn't attached to anything in particular. I'm a huge neuropsych nerd, so I've always felt like giving in to writer's block rewards the brain for not writing, and that's a habit most writers can't afford to indulge.

AJ: Tell us about your book covers.  What do you look for? How do you go about making them?

Being married to a graphic designer has its perks! Sometimes there will be only one or two elements I'm set on, and then there's the Equilibrium cover, which I've always envisioned as a very specific scene from the first book. I love all types of covers, as long as they help set the tone for the story. 

Stalker Links:
LC Davis on Amazon
LC Davis on Smashwords
LC Davis on Goodreads
LC Davis on Facebook
LC Davis on Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to guest blog? Let me know!

Interview with Nanea Knott, author of Nikola: Viking Slaves Book 1

Nanea Knott loves female characters who can make decisions and know what they want, and male characters who feel their emotions and commu...