Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Review Wicked Weapon by Cari Silverwood

Wicked Weapon (Dark Hearts, #2)Wicked Weapon by Cari Silverwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very dark and seriously twisted.

In this second book, Zorie is learning to resist the mesmers thanks to her dark mentor, Mr Black, now revealed as Mavros. Grimm is around too, trying to learn mesmer secrets and falling for Zorie. However, the Zorie and Grimm are captured and Mavros can't protect them.

Can't say more after this because of spoilers, however, there is lots of gore, and some torture that I had to skip over. If Dark Hearts were a fight, I'd say this is the bit where the heroine is getting creamed and then rediscovers her mojo. There's less humiliation and a sense that Zorie now has a fighting chance. But if you're looking for a romance, forget it. Dark and twisted, Wicked Weapon isn't for the faint hearted.

It's well written, beautifully paced and the characters are superb. I liked Mavros and I was intrigued by Grimm's predicament and the evil mesmers are properly nasty. Living horrors. Zorie is a star; def someone to have on your side in a fight.

I'm dying to see how it ends but honestly, it's so dark that I'm thinking I'll read the third part with one eye closed.

ARC delivered for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to guest blog? Let me know!

Interview with Lee Savino, author of Rescued by the Berserker

Lee Savino is an author and a mom and a chocoholic. She's written a bunch of books, all smexy romance. Smexy = smart + sexy. Rescued...